Thursday, January 29, 2015

The meds have begun!

Here they are!  I was a little surprised at how many goodies arrived at my doorstep last week!  But, it was very interesting to read about each medication and what it will do as part of this process.

Monday was my big "meds" day!  I start the day off with a dose of doxycycline which is an anti-biotic and my husband Steven actually takes this as well.  Then, I take 81mg of chewable Aspirin.  Then, my birth control pill (I am finished with this tomorrow; this is to regulate the cycle).  Next, I take my prenatal vitamin.  Then, during the day is pretty uneventful for the meds but in the evening, Steven and I both take another dose of the doxycycline and the evening is also when I give myself my Lupon injection in my stomach.  These are about as easy as it comes. They are a small needle (used for insulin injections) and I can't feel it when I inject into my stomach.  This is the medication known to have some crazy side effects (hot flashes, moodiness, acne, tired, sweating, headache).  So far, I feel pretty lucky!  I have only noticed feeling a little more tired than normal but otherwise I don't notice anything else.  I hope that continues, but if not, the side effects seem manageable! Here I am on day 4 of Lupron:
See?  You can barely even see the needle I am holding!  So small!  Now... the progesterone ones that will start in March will be a different story ;)

On Monday I got this very beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to my door.  Kellie and Chris are so thoughtful!  They sent me this with an incredible kind message wishing me a "Happy Meds Day!"   I couldn't ask for a better family to be on this journey with.  I just love them even more as I get to know them. 
Speaking of the IP's.  Kellie has asked for some prayers for her egg retrieval process.  She started her meds early last week and so far, besides some migraines, she has been feeling well.  She has ultrasounds every other day to monitor the follicles & growth.  Her first scan showed she had 9 follicles, they had hoped for more, but 9 isn't too terrible either and the doctor was confident he wanted to continue.   Since then, the scans haven't shown too much growth with those follicles, like the doctor wants.  So, he has upped Kellie's meds a few times and hopes this is the answer to make those follicles grow!!! She will have another few ultrasounds over the weekend and we are praying for some good news.  So far the doctor hasn't mentioned this being too much of an issue, so I have told Kellie not to worry too much until you have a reason to.  I think sometimes its easy for the doctors to forget how we over-analyze every word they say while in that room and sometimes it would be easier if they just spelled it all out so we know what the magnitude of the situation really is!  So, for now, I told her to remain positive and we will pray those follicles have some good growth over the next few days.  Right now, she is still planning on a egg retrieval for the middle of next week.
Well, I think that is all I have for now! Thanks for reading... and thanks for all the support, as always! 

No comments:

Post a Comment