Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Whats next?

Well our trip with Frank ended great.  We had a day to just relax and show him around our area.  We took him to my studio & he loved eating at our restaurant!  We spent the afternoon at a coffeeshop just sipping some yummy espresso & chatting some more.
Steven and I both agree we feel like we have known him for years.  Crazy that our time was just a few hours, in total... seems like our friendship dates back years ago.
So, we said our goodbyes & wished him well.  It was crazy to think that the next time we see him... I will be pregnant (fingers crossed)!

I have run into a few friends lately and the question comes up "So, whats next in the process?"  Well, next step is medical clearance for me.  I will go to the fertility clinic in Illinois and have an ultrasound along with a whole slew of tests to be sure I am ok to get pregnant.  The appt should be very soon... most likely within this month!
After that looks good we will schedule the transfer date!  If everything sticks to the schedule & 'plan' then we are talking about a late October transfer!
Between the medical clearance and the transfer, the contracts need to be written and signed.  Basically I will be appointed a lawyer & so will Frank.... we will type up all of the details of what is to come in the next year.  It's pretty standard, although, I know its good (for both parties) to put everything in writing.

It's crazy to think how quickly this is all going to happen now!  I feel like I've waited so long to get going in this process and now, it will be all over before I blink!

We've heard from Frank a few times since he has flown back home; and he always sends us the sweetest, most encouraging words.  It's so comforting to feel such a connection with him.  My last message to him I said "I can't wait for you to become a daddy, very soon!"  And, it's true.  I can't.  He will make one heck of a dad, I already know that.

For those of you reading- I would love it if you would think of him & this process whenever you have a minute to pray or send some positive energy out to the universe.  As I have mentioned before, Frank isn't new to the surrogacy world.  He has been in this process for quite sometime and experienced some very awful heartbreaks (with failed transfers & losing his twins).  So, this transfer in October is so important that it works.  Frank has embryo's frozen and those will be the ones they will implant (most likely just one, unless the doctor recommends doing 2) & if they don't work, Frank will have some re-evaluating to do.  It could mean he would need to start over with a new egg donor, or change something else in the process.  This is the last thing he or we want.  But, I told Frank when he was here..."I have a good feeling about everything"  I really do.  I think the timing is right.  So far everything seems so right.  :)

So, if you have a minute... send us some positive energy that an embryo takes and we can make Frank a daddy very soon!  The transfer won't happen for another 7+ weeks, but I know the power of prayer can work wonders! :)

Thanks for reading!
-Kenzi

No comments:

Post a Comment