Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A small delay...

Hello everyone!

I am a few days late with this update but I wanted to be sure to inform you of a small delay we have with the transfer.
I went to the fertility clinic on Monday for my uterine lining check via ultrasound.  Unfortunately, my lining was only 5.5mm.  At a minimum, they like to see 7mm.
I was pretty disappointed to hear that news but the doctor was very clear in explaining how the next week would go.  Currently, I was using Vivelle estrogen patches & the doctor explained that sometimes the estrogen doesn't absorb into the body like it should.  So, he explained I would start on 8mg of Estrace (as a suppository) immediately.  This will be the quickest way for the estrogen to get directly to my uterus to help the lining grow.  The transfer wouldn't be able to happen with my lining being so thin.
I started on the Estrace right away and I am praying, hoping, and wishing that this will do the trick!  I have another ultrasound at the clinic on Monday and they will recheck my lining.  If it is thicker than 7mm than the transfer will be the following Monday, November 19th!
A lot of my friends, have asked "How is the intended father taking the news of the delay?"  Well, good question.  He is amazing and so understanding.
Immediately after the appointment, I told my husband that I was scared to call Frank to tell him there was a delay with the transfer.  I was nervous he would be disappointed.  He quickly reminded me, "He wants you to be honest with him, you need to let him know right away."  Of course I knew that, but he was right, I needed to tell him.
SO, I sat down and quickly emailed him.  I was so anxious for a reply.  The reply came in and it immediately wiped away ALL my worries and anxiety.  He said he knew that this wasn't my fault and its just a small delay.  He told me he was proud of me and that I shouldn't worry at all.  He ended the email with "I've waited my whole life for this.  I can wait one more week."  :)
Needless to say, the email from him totally made my day and I felt MUCH better.  It reiterated how open and honest this has to be.  It's so important.

I'm feeling good, as far as meds go!  I still don't really see any side effects.  :)  I'm also feeling good emotionally.

Thanks for reading and if you can spare a minute out of your day... PLEASE send us some positive thoughts and prayers!  I don't want this 1 week delay to turn into anything longer than that!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment