Monday, October 13, 2014

Salty news, turns sweet!

The last week has been full of preparation for the next few months.  Lots of paperwork to fill out for the clinic & lawyers.  Last week I had my IUD removed at my local OB office and so far things have been great with that.

I just got back from Florida yesterday and was there for a life changing event for It Works called the Green Carpet Experience.  It was so much fun to see all my friends from all over the country & be re-inspired for what this amazing company offers us!  My husband and I were honored to be featured in the first ever magazine called "The Wrap" from the publishers of SUCCESS magazine!  Here is a photo of the full page of our story!  I still feel in my heart that my last surrogacy wasn't meant to work out because it would have never led me to find this opportunity that has changed our life.


While I was in Florida, I heard from the IM that she had gotten a call from the reproductive clinic about my records.  Up to this point the doctor hadn't fully reviewed them in their entirety.  He let the IP's know that due to my previous surrogacy experience, he feels it would be best for me to do a 'mock cycle' prior to the IM doing her egg retrieval.  I know IM was really upset by this news at first and when she initially contacted me, I kind of felt punched in the gut, like last time.  But after a few hours went by and I could really process the information, I decided this was actually really good news.

Last time around, my uterine lining didn't grow like the doctor would want.   And after 2 failed attempts, my IF decided to move on and find a new surrogate.   So, with this current doctor reading all of the documentation, he thinks it would be best to be sure my lining responds to the treatment before the IP's have embryos frozen.  I think this is great!!  Then, myself and the IP's know going in, what to expect.  I know the IP's were surprised to hear this at first but if all goes as planned, this just pushes the egg retrieval back by 2 weeks.  So, it's not like this would delay everything a ton.  What a mock cycle means is that I will start on Estrogen & prepare my body for a transfer (without actually planning to do the transfer).  They will monitor me with ultrasounds to see how my lining grows with the estrogen.  This will give them a great guideline of what my body responds to and what it doesn't so adjustments can be made, if needed.

I received info from the clinic today that allowed me to get a glimpse into the schedule I will have during the mock cycle.  It will start in about 3 weeks and I will give myself intramuscular injections (into the upper hip) of estrogen.  I haven't done this kind of estrogen before so I am anxious to see if this is what will do the job!  Maybe the estrogen patches & suppositories I was on last time just didn't blend well with my body!  I haven't ever minded injections too much.  I mean, no one loves a shot, but I don't dread them either!

The IP's let me know that they have been telling family over the last few weeks and so far everyone has been really supportive.  I know how important that is!  I remember the first time I started telling the world about wanting to be a surrogate and I was petrified for what response we would get!  But, to my surprise, everyone has been amazing... especially this go-round.

I still feel in my gut that this is all going to work out and be a smooth process!  There is just something inside me telling me not to worry and just roll with the punches.  No matter what, this will be an emotional journey, even if it goes as smoothly as possible... so we have to be able to take these bumps with a grain of salt and know it's just part of the journey!

I am so excited for the coming months and, as always, want to thank you for the continued support!


No comments:

Post a Comment