Wednesday, October 1, 2014

We are really doing this!

Just a short update to let you know that things are really moving along!  Here's what's happening so far. 

  • I am getting my IUD removed next week so I can start timing my cycles to begin meds 
  • the IM (intended mom) has started birth control pills and has a tentative egg retrieval date of the first week in December 
  • the IPs (intended parents) have been cleared to go forward after medical and psychological testing.  My favorite part is the psychologist told them that she felt like this was going to be a really smooth sailing compared to most  :)
  • We should be drafting a contract over the next few weeks with our lawyers 
  • We are discussing when is the best time to start announcing who the IPs are and they are deciding when to tell their friends/family.  The psychologist said today she thinks its okay to do that now.  
  • For those of you wondering; we will be doing a frozen embryo transfer, so that will make it a little easier with timing because I won't have to synchronize cycles with the IM, which can get complicated & take months.  I've heard lately that frozen transfers seem to have a little bit better of a success rate than fresh.  So, fingers crossed!  

The clinic we are using seems to really be on top of everything and doesn't waste any time so that's been great!  I know the IP's are anxious to get started and so am I.  Right now it sounds like the transfer should be within 3-6 months or so.  Crazy!  

Over the last week I've gotten really excited.  20 months ago when everything fell thru, my heart was literally crushed.  And, for the past year I felt like I had closed that chapter of my life.  But, I believe this came into my path for a major reason.  I know this was exactly as it was supposed work out.  And now all those feelings of excitement are back.  I know I learned a lot from my previous experience and that's really going to help me along on this journey.  I got an email with some updates from the IM this week and at the very end of it she wrote "So are you SURE you want to do this?  You know it's okay to tell me if you changed your mind..."  It made me smile.  Because in that moment, I was SO sure.  Surer than I've ever been before I think.  I know this time is it.  Everything is falling into place without much effort at all.  I know in my heart that its going to be smooth sailing, just like the psychologist predicts.  And I cannot WAIT to announce who the IPs are.  You are going to fall in love with them, just as I have.  They have hearts of gold and deserve this gift of life. 

I LOVE that this journey doesn't have to be a secret this time... so, with that, I am going to be sharing much more.  My husband and I shared our 6 year wedding anniversary on Saturday and here is a photo from the day :)


Fall has officially arrived!  We took our kids to the pumpkin patch this weekend and to the zoo.   Lots of fun.  Hard to believe these buddies are going to be 5 years old next month. 



 Well, that's all for now!  I will update once anything more happens in the process!  Thanks for all the well wishes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment