Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day 1, Done!


 First injection was pretty easy!  I had my Mom, L.P.N. come over and administer my first one just so I could see how it was done and the dose was such a small amount, I barely felt anything!  A small pinch and no burning sensation or anything.  The next dose isn't until Saturday but it is double the amount.  So, we'll see how that goes!  Then, I have my bloodwork on Wednesday and the next 2 doses will be determined after my hormone levels are sent to the clinic. 
Here are a few fun photos of us that we had to send over to the IPs!  It's exciting starting the process!















Also, over the past few weeks I've gotten countless Facebook messages from ladies who are interested in the process.  Most of them have been women who are thinking of being a surrogate and after reading this blog, it has inspired them to start reading & considering if this is where they are led to go.  I've also gotten a handful of intended parents who are looking into the surrogate process to hopefully help them complete their family.  I've really enjoyed talking to all of these people about their unique journeys and helping them get a grasp on where to begin.  Last night I spoke on the phone for about an hour with a local gal who is turning to surrogacy to one day make her and her husband, parents.  We had such a great conversation and I just loved talking to her.  So much so, it made me want to run out and start hand choosing some potential surrogates for her! haha.  She has just an incredible story and I know that someone is going to love her and her husband as intended parents.  But, after I got off the phone with her I actually got really emotional.  I just sat on the bed for a bit and thought about how powerful this whole thing has become.  The many women I've talked to who are now thinking of pursuing this path is so overwhelming to me, in a good way.  Those of you who know me, you know that I love to share my life.  I love to love out loud and I believe that it's a powerful thing if we can inspire others while we go along our own path.  Last night after speaking with this woman it really hit me how special this journey is and will be.  Because, I know there are so many amazing people out there that are aching to become mommies and daddies and maybe adoption isn't in their cards for whatever reason that may be ... and so if me sharing my thoughts, photos, & overall story will help others get started than this has been so very well worth the ride. 
When I was matched with an intended father over 2.5 years ago, we actually denied the match (you can read back thru this blog to find out more) but the reason was because he didn't agree with this blog and quote on quote said "She shares way too much of her life."  Those words are exactly what made me feel uneasy because when I started having feelings of wanting to be a surrogate about 4 years ago, I was petrified to think of how to start.  No one I knew had been a surrogate, there were few blogs to read about, & I was scared to tell my family/friends for fear of what reaction I would get.  So, I turned to google searches and just read as much as I possibly could.  But, it was from that point on that I decided if I ever did go thru with my thoughts and become a surrogate, I would want to document my entire journey so that someone else who comes along and is in the same place I was, would have somewhere to turn to and learn about where to start.  So, THAT is why this blog was born.  And last night it really came to fruition.  I realized that this blog is doing exactly what my hope was.  It is sharing my story all the while, it is helping others write their own story.  So, I just have to say, thank you for reading, thank you to those of you who have reached out to me, and thank you for everyone's kind thoughts, prayers and comments.  You all rock my world :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment