Thursday, November 20, 2014

Things are looking... UP!

I would start this off by saying I don't have too much to say today, but we all know that I always write much more than I intend to.  So, I'll go ahead and leave that out :)

My injections have been going well!  On Saturday night, my mom was busy with some plans and so the time approached for me to do my injection.  I looked at Steven and said "Think you can give me my shot tonight?"  And he said "Yah, I can."  I was pretty surprised by that answer because he is petrified of needles and I cannot imagine him doing something to me that he knows will hurt.  He just doesn't have it in him!  Which honestly just makes me more nervous thinking about him trying! haha. 
I got out all of the meds and laid them on the counter and drew up my injection (this time it was double the dose, so it was .2ml) into the syringe.  I changed out the needle and I thought to myself... "I can do this".  So, I quickly pulled up the YouTube video of how to inject the meds and I watched it like 3xs over.  Then, I said to Steven, "I can do this!  I am going to give it to myself."  Then, I freaked myself out trying to do it... I gave myself the small Lupron injections last time in my thigh and they were SO easy but I think that these being in your butt/hip area is a harder area to reach so I was panicking that I might do the wrong spot and mess something up.  So.... I finally just went for it!  In went the needle into my butt!  And, I got done and said "Oh.  Well, that was easy!" No pain at all and I just plan to do them all myself! Here I am after the big moment :)
Yesterday I went into the lab and I had my blood drawn to check my levels of Estradiol in my body.  I had to do the test first thing in the morning and then the levels were run stat and sent to the clinic in Oregon for them to advise me of what my next injection dose would be. 
So, I got a message from the clinic to do .25ml that night and then on Saturday I am to do .3ml.  I was just dying to know what that meant!  Of course I emailed our coordinator and said "Soooo... were my levels good?  Or is that something you can't really answer one way or the other?"  And her response was that it is hard to say but that the level was a 'good' level and so its a great start, but of course the real determining factor is my lining check on Tuesday.  But, IM and I were still pretty stoked with a 'good' level!  :)  We will take all the positive news we can get right now! 
Monday night I will fly to Oregon and I have my lining check ultrasound on Tuesday.  We can use all the positive thoughts, energy, and prayers you can send our way!  This is a pretty big day for us and we both KNOW it's going to give us good news :) 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your story. You are truly an amazing and inspiring person who speaks from her heart. I enjoy reading your posts and status'. I can feel your positiveness (I just made that word up I think) rubbing off on me. You have a heart of gold. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers as your beautiful journey continues. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind comment!! And, I appreciate the prayers! :)

      Delete
  2. I love to hear your story, Kenzi. You and Steven are such amazing people with HUGE hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you so much! Glad you are enjoying following along :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh the memories. I used to have quite the routine for my injections ;) Way to go Kenzi! I swear this might be the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete