Tuesday, October 16, 2012

And it all begins!

Last week we finalized the parentage agreement (contract) with our attorneys!  We ended up signing on the dotted line on Thursday.  It felt so good to have that part completed :)
I have been in contact with the fertility clinic and we are all set to start meds tomorrow! Then, the embryo transfer is scheduled for November 12!!  EEK!  I can't believe it's all.really.starting.
Tomorrow morning a mail order pharmacy will deliver ALL my meds for these next several weeks.  I will be getting Lupron, Vivelle, and Progesterone.  The viville will be a patch I will wear on my abdomen and the other two are injections.  Tomorrow evening I will start with my first injection of Lupron.  I will give myself one injection everyday for the next 3-4 weeks.  I will stop my birth control pills on Saturday and then on Monday I have a followup ultrasound in Illinois.
I can't believe we finally have a date set!  Just 26 days away!

I am planning to blog a lot more from this point forward.  I will be blogging all the details of the surrogacy.  I created this blog so my friends and family can follow along thru the journey, but also to keep this as a journal for any current or future surrogates out there.  Surrogacy is a pretty complicated process.  I found comfort being able to read about others experiences!
One thing to mention is, with an embryo transfer, there is no guarantees that I will become pregnant.  So, I would love if you would take a minute to pray or send some positive thoughts about it.  I know that both Frank and I would be devastated if this transfer failed... so please keep us in your thoughts this next month!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment