Monday, March 2, 2015

A message from Kellie...

We just #hackedtheENERGY supply at It Works Global so I figured it was time for me to hack Makenzie's blog! 

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Kellie and I am the IM (intended mom) and Makenzie is our GC (gestational carrier). We started this crazy journey to #BabyKaufman 6 months ago. As fast as it has flown by, it seems like it an eternity. I can tell you I was never fully prepared for all the emotions that have come along with this. If you are following the blog you have read all the bumps in the road we have incurred. For every bump, came a moment of doubt. Was this the right choice for our family? Is this really possible for us? Where do we go from here? I can tell you that I could not have gone through this process without my husband, Chris. When I was an emotional basket case, he was there to calm my nerves. He has been the one person who has supported this journey since day 1. 

In just 48 hours, the biggest moment of this journey will happen. We will be transferring one embryo in hopes to make our family complete. In just 48 hours, everything we have gone through in the last 6 months will come to a close. I feel like this is the end of a chapter in our story. We all have so many emotions right now. I catch myself looking up strollers, nurseries and the newest baby gadgets to quickly telling myself to not get too far ahead of myself. I've come to the realization that at this point, that everything is in God's hands. And He is good ALL the time! 

I can't even begin to explain how grateful I am for Makenzie and Steven. I truly cannot imagine being on this journey with anyone else. Not only is she giving us the possibility of having another child but she has been my right hand in all of this. When I was negative Nancy she stepped in as my positive Patty. She has been such a rock. We are equally excited about every little thing even when it's painful shots, that time of month, and acne breakouts from hormones. The friendship I have gained in this process I will cherish for the rest of my life. 

Thank you to each of you readers who have supported us, prayed for us, sent us positive thoughts and just have been there for us. I never realized how many people would have an opinion on how you bring a baby into the world until this journey began. I never thought I would have to explain wanting another child. For each person who has questioned our decisions, we have had 100 people wishing us well and I don't think we could have come this far without all the support. Please continue to pray for everyone involved in this journey. On Wednesday, March 4th, at 12:45 PST, we will officially start the 9 month journey to #BabyKaufman. I hope he or she one day realizes how loved they were by so many before they even had a heartbeat. 

Much love you to you all!
Kellie 

No comments:

Post a Comment